Monday, August 11, 2008

...go round and round!

Bus life is WONDERFUL.

Tonight marks the end of my California tour with DJ and the Showit crew, and it has been such an incredible experience. I can't believe how much a bus can feel like home!...

One of the most incredible things was having my beautiful friend Christie join us for the adventure. It was so special to share this experience with one of my dear friends! Not mention, Tricia and Tiff joined us in Santa Barbara to see DJ and Jasmine speak!
On the way up the coast we parked at Fisherman's Warf and spent the afternoon meandering around Carmel by the Sea drinking Chai lattes and smacking on old fashioned peppermint chews. We were paid a special visit that evening by Eric of Vision Launchers and his wife Camille -- Eric has done so much to advance NFS web projects, and they are Westmont alums so we have so many connections!

The writing of this post continues into Tuesday, where I know sit in the Sheraton lobby of downtown San Francisco while the bus makes its way to Salt Lake City. I feel so unbelievably blessed to have been a part of the California portion of the tour. Who would have thought I'd miss my tiny bunk so much?? :)

What made it so wonderful was feeling like I was with family. After all the busyness of travel, crowds and shows, we throw on our pj's at the end of the day and flop on the couches with people we love and feel cared by. Surrounded by friends who inspire me to both excel and goof around, I felt completely at home!

Last major highlight... Seeing my family!! My coordinator instinct taking the reigns, I planned NFS meetings for these past 3 days in the city. The bus swung through my hometown of Santa Cruz so I could pick up a car....the neighbor kids all came running alongside the bus, pointing at the spectacle, and sure enough my parents had a whole spread of food waiting on the kitchen table! I loved having them meet everyone (I always hear how similar my mom and I's mannerisms are!). Last night they picked up my brother Adam from his camp counseling position and came all the way up to the city for the show. It was the last time I'll see Adam until he's back from his semester in South Africa, so it was beyond a treat.

And now I'm the last left in the city by the sea, eating lunch in this colorful lobby. We film the next NFS documentary today, so I take off for my grand film debut in just a few minutes :) I'm feeling jazzed and refreshed from breakfast in bed with Jasmine (we stayed behind at the hotel last night!) and feel so excited for all the adventures to come.

7 comments:

|| davidjay || said...

The bus only feels like home when you're on it.

:)

Jasmine said...

Loooove you! I miss the bus too! :)

Catie Ronquillo said...

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

cu4photos said...

Hi Allie, It sounds like a blast on the bus. So glad you got to join them...I was hoping to get to see you at the Orlando show...oh well:(
Good luck the the NFS documentary. Stay safe! ~Cindy

Deyl said...

so fun seeing you guys!!

Michael + Anna Costa said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Miss you!
xoxo

Armin DeFiesta said...

Can't wait to "meet" you in DC! haha! See you soon =)